Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Your Manuscript & You

We write them. We hate them and we love them. Our manuscript that we have worked for years on and revised, hated and at the same time loved is ready for submissions. This means that so many fresh eyes will be evaluating our query letters and rejecting our work and in a way that sort of sucks. But in a way its awesome and is a sign of someting accomplished, whether you find the book a home or not. So fact is ideas are endless, but time is precious and when we spend it on something that isn't worthwhile, well, its wasted.


Personally I wrote a novel last year and finished revising it this year which is titled 'OVERCAST SHADOWS'. To me its the best story I have ever written. Swords, physical and emotional battle, betrayal, hat, angst, power, royalty and fantasy all in one package led by my older antagonist now protagonist. Awesome right? Well, Being that there are so many aspects to the story its real tough to write a query and I think this is a problem for many fantasy novelists because stories in that genre are so 3-D. So I got many great critiques on my query, after a few rejections which I will post and I am revising. These critiques were very encouraging though, especially since they said I already have a great hook, I just have to answer some unanswered questions in the query. So at the same time as I was revising OVERCAST SHADOWS...

I began a new novel called THE DRIFTER. Believe it or not I chose to write a paranormal YA romance. Wow, that was a change for me since I am all swords, battles, epicness and did I mention swords? THE DRIFTER has n swords in it yet it is a thrilling read. Really it’s about Pip, a girl who is a drifter and who has the ability to see when everyone is going to die except herself. Other than that though there is a romance aspect. Currently I am seeking betas for this manuscript so if you are interested leave me a comment!

Back to the original topic. You love your WIP/Finished Manuscript and sending it out to agents is very nerve wrecking for many. I have a few author friends who decided not to even try because they are afraid of rejections, but what about you? How do you feel before you click that taunting send button? Do you just risk it or do you really yelp, close your eyes, send and then check your e-mail every 5 minutes. I used to be the second option, now believe it or not I am the first. So let me know what you guys think and check out my other personal blog. Oh did I mention look out for the next post: Hooking a fishy agent! Coming this Thursday!
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! You RITE!! Gotta lotta subtle, stupendous, supersonic, sassy, subliminal, savvy, kick-ass elixers and electronic elegance on our YOUTHwitheTRUTH blogs. N'joym, dear.

trustNjesus, girl,
and I'll see you Upstairs someday.
God bless your indelible soul.

PS: Wanna join me in God's wild Kingdome throughout the length and breadth of eternity? Wanna join me Upstairs for a Big-Ol, never-ending, most explicit, exhaustive, psychotic, tantalizin, radical, stupendously-kick-ass, ultra-maximum-party-hardy at my place you ever expierienced without d'New Joisey accent??? Follow us home, goirl. B there... or B miss impaired.

Cya soon...

Post a Comment